Hey “BD beauties”!
Today’s post is going to be of a common issue with most girls or even guys these days. That is hyper pigmentation. This can make up your skin tone look extremely uneven as well as make your tan uneven (if you to self tanning).
What causes hyper pigmentation?
- According to proved research, exposure to sunlight is the main cause of uneven skin tone. This happens when your over exposed with are skin. It’s not just the sun that can be your skins enemy but also the environment. You would have heard your ancestors rave about how a walk at the beach will make your skin feel replenished. But sadly that’s not the case today. The air is not as clean as it used to be and it’s not going to do any benefit. It’s vital that you wash your face well once your back home after running errands outside.
- Hormonal cycle changes your body around completely. It can make you get acne; give your mood swings and so much more. Hyper pigmentation is just another issue from it. It can also be if you’re pregnant or if you’re under strict birth control pills.
- Picking on your skin can also be another reason, this can be directly connected to acne as picking your acne will treat that area harsh and in turn leave behind a nasty scar that might take ages to go away or might not even go at all
How to treat hyper pigmentation? / Home remedies to treat hyper pigmentation
- Chemical peels: I have done my fair share of research and found out that peels such as glycolic acid and lactic acid helps a lot to reduce the appearance of hyper pigmentation including scars. You might want to do this at a dermatologist’s office but if not try the various at home peels but start at a lower concentration.
- Apple cider vinegar: I’m yet to try this but i have heard a lot of success stories on how this helps lightening the pigmented areas. It also does great as an overall toner. Other benefits of this treatment are reducing pore size and tightening skin
- Sandal wood: this is a famous Indian at home face pack to reduce brown spots, hyper pigmentation and acne scars. A mixture of this with tomato juice and cucumber juice can make your pigmentation get lighter.
- Potato: potato has a natural lightening ingredient that helps leech the skin ever so lightly without harming thus giving you a pigmented free skin tone.
Hope you enjoyed this short post on how to reduce hyper pigmentation at home.