Hey “BD beauties”!
I’m going to start a small section on my blog dedicated to acne and more about it! I find that this is a common issue with young people these days and as much you should know to cover it up with the magic of makeup, (Tips on applying makeup for Acne prone skin) you should be ready to treat it at the same time.
So this post is going to be about how acne occurs.
Acne occurs when your glands overproduce the oil. Of course oil or ‘sebum’ is needed to keep your skin hydrated and supple but overproduce leads to clogged pores!
The condition worsens when these clogged pores are infected by the bacteria living on your skin thus making the acne area red, bumpy and sore these also develop into worse forms of acne such as cysts.
Common causes of acne (proved)
- Acne is most common among teenagers or once a person reaches puberty. The main reason connects back to the first point I told about over producing oil as a person during puberty produce the most amount of oil due to hormonal changes. This tends to usually slow down as he/ she approaches adulthood (20- 25 years).
- Pregnancy cause acne as there is a huge change in the hormones taking place.
- Birth control pill contribute to causing acne as the amend the hormonal cycles and thus making you create more oil.
- It would also occur if it runs in your family such as your parents having acne or your siblings.
- Stress is a major factor to cause acne of not only teenagers but also adults.
- Periods (You can notice that you get severe acne especially around your mouth a few days before your period starts).
- Irritating your skin (Using harsh products on your skin).
More posts about Acne: