Hey “BD beauties”!
Today’s post is going to be about above a common skin problem that most girls can relate to which are acne scars. And of course there are many people saying 100 million natural ways of removing those scars and you have been trying them and giving up for not working? Which is where we all go wrong? There is a reason why it’s said to diminish scars and at the same time you don’t see results because you give up too early! You need to try this treatment for at least 3 months to see results.
- 1. Egg whites: It contains protein as well as amino acids which help in closing pores to prevent breakouts as well as lightening up your scars. You need to try this at least twice a week to be more effective.
- 2. Lemon juice: this is the most popular way which has worked for many people too. I find that a mask with equal parts of honey and lemon juice helps instant brightening of the skin so continue use of this will definitely give a change! In fact, I’m having this mask on while typing this post for you all ;)
- 3. Remove dead skin cells: there are many ways to do this. You can go as simple as a face scrub or even a homemade scrub with honey and sugar. As well as go fancy with a facial cleansing device such as the clarisonic. If you have the money i highly recommend you get yourself this device called PMD which allows you do microdermbrasion at home which would cost a lot if done at a dermatologist office. I feel like this point is the most important in trying to reduce scars.
- 4. Baking soda: this is an effective way to lighten scars if done right. Baking soda is quite powerful and therefore need to be used carefully as well as moisturize afterwards! Apply it to affected areas and leave it on for 2 minutes and wash off with lukewarm water.
- 5. Aloe Vera gel: this is a great way of lightening scars without irritating your skin as aloe vera is very soothing on your skin. You can find it in stores or grow your own aloe Vera plant. It’s useful for many things such as soothing wounds etc.
If nothing works even if you have trusted for as long as 4 months, you need to go to a dermatologist as it may be something even worse than just acne scars. Its always best to take professional advice if you can find a safe solution yourself. And remember natural ways come with a disadvantage that they take too long to show results as opposed to methods off the shelf which contain many chemicals which you may not even know how it would react.
Few tips on avoiding breakouts:
- Change your pillow case at least once in 2-3 days and don’t go to sleep with your hair wet as the moisture may transfer on to your pillow and become a comfortable breathing area for bacteria.
- Change towels just as often as pillow cases.
- Deep clean your makeup brushes once a week (especially face brushes).
- Use a clay mask at least once a week (helps to draw out dirt and oil)
- Get into the habit of using anti bacterial gel (don’t become a germ phobic though: P)
Wash you face after you wash your hair and condition it as traces of hair products left behind cause acne too ( trust me I have been through this)