Hey ‘BD beauties”!
Have you all joined my latest giveaway yet? You can with the fabulous NARS Love thrill set, Benefit porefessional primer, An elf brow kit of your choice and a 12 piece brush set! Join HERE if your interested :)
Anyway today I though of writing about chapped hands and ways to make them better. Ever got extremely dry hands that end up peeling? Wondered how to get rid of dried hands? Well I’m going through that stage now and I realise I have been trying a few things too.
- Don’t pull the peeled skin! This is where many people end up getting scabs if your skin hasn’t peeled of naturally yet, it means it raw skin not dried. However in order to remove the part that has gotten dried, soak your hands in lukewarm water for as long as 15 minutes and then exfoliate that skin to remove the dried parts. Don’t forget to apply moisturizer after you do this as warm water can really dry your hands afterwards.
- Make use of natural oils! You find olive oil, coconut oil and many other oils said to be great for moisturizing your hands and so they are great! You should definitely think twice before putting them on your face but not in your hands. Once you have applied them, put on a pair of cotton gloves and one more thing do them at night when you don’t want to look glamorous :)
- Moisturize as you get out of the shower, showering does make you clean and also remove natural moisture in your body therefore always remember to moisturize as you get off the shower. Learn about natural moisturizers HERE.
- Make use of Vaseline! Vaseline is known for its great uses (will do a post of many uses of Vaseline next) Vaseline is also a great way to moisturize hands but just as another moisturizer it can disappear quickly thus in order to keep your hands well moisturized, apply a generous amount on your hands and wrap your hands with plastic wrap (which you use in the kitchen) and then put on the cotton gloves).
- Steam you hands! It works just as warm water but even less harsh on your skin so if you have sensitive skin, this is the way to go! Get into the shower and turn on the shower and let the steam do the job.
- Incorporate vitamins into your diet. Omega 3 fish oil pills are great for hydrating your body so try having them daily.