Hey “BD beauties”!
Nude lipstick is a known trend all around the beauty community especially during the spring summer season! But many people have the perception that ‘nude’ is a pale beige shade that makes you looking death. The correct definition of a nude lip is also another word for what we say ‘your lip shade but better’! Therefore the term nude lip will differ from to each skin tone, skin undertone etc.
|Image source HERE|
Nude lip for pale to fair skin tone
- Cool undertones: light mocha shade or light mauve shades
- Warm undertones: browns with peachy undertones
Nude lip for medium skin tone
- Cool undertones: rosy pink shades
- Warm undertones: light cinnamon shades, brown shade with peach undertones are the best.
Nude lip for dusky skin tone
- Cool undertones: bronzy shades
- Warm undertones: browns with red undertones
If your having a hard time trying to figure out if you have warm undertones or cool undertones, check your nerves behind you hand. If the veins appear green, you have warm undertones and if they appear blue, you have cool undertones!
There are so many options in both drugstore and high end. It’s a trial and error process to find your perfect nude but it’s well worth it as a nude lipstick is always a makeup kit staple! Don’t forget to follow the guidelines i have given above as they help a lot with all the lipstick in the market.
Personally i have medium skin tone with warm undertones and the lipsticks that are ‘nude’ for me are:
- NARS satin lipstick in ‘honolulu honey’
- Dior Rouge Dior Lip Color in ‘Angelique Beige ‘
- Tom Ford Lip Color in ‘Sable Smoke’
- Maybelline colorsensational lipstick in ‘my mahagony’
- Rimmel moisture renew lipstick in ‘spotlight beige’
Hope this post helped you figure out you ‘nude’ lipstick!