Hey “BD beauties”!
In today’s post I want to share a DIY which I have been doing and have been pretty useful for me. Having a wax done in a salon can cost you a lot especially if you want a full body wax! I was browsing the net on ways of waxing at home and cam across the term sugar wax. When I did my good share of research, I understood that sugar wax isn’t just a DIY which you can do at home but is also a professional method of waxing! You can find sugar wax been sold in the market as well but why would spend a ton on buying those when you can use what’s at home to do your own? This recipe takes time to master but once you have done that, you can definitely make good use of it.
What you will need.
- 2 cups of white sugar
- 1/4th cup of lemon or lime juice
- 1/4th cup of water
You can of course increase the measurements or decrease according to your preference but if this is your first time I recommend you try less.
How to do it?
- Fire up your stove to medium heat and place a saucepan with all the ingredients listed above and mix them.
- Once they come to a boil, stir them once again and turn the heat to low (the lower the better). This is important!!! Leave it like so for at least 35 minutes or until you see that the mixture has turned into a honey like colour and consistency.
- In between the 35 minutes, keep stirring the ingredients often to make sure the mixture is well incorporated.
- Your mixture might be ready before the 35 minutes or after as every stove is different. So your sign to check is if the colour has turned dark as honey.
- Once you feel that it’s ready, pour it into a microwavable container and let it cool a bit.
How to wax?
So when the mixture is about bearable on the skin, you can use a Popsicle stick and place the wax over the hairs and pull it with cotton fabric.